Our #1 choice for insect repelling. It is the main ingredient in commercially available natural bug repellents. Due to it's high Aldehyde content, Lemon Eucalyptus (also called Citriodora) is helpful with fungal issues, repelling insects, calming pain, and cooling hot skin.
Latin Name: Eucalyptus citriodora
Plant Origin: South Africa
Botanical family: Myrtaceae
Plant Part: Leaves, Unsprayed
Processed: Steam distilled
Chemical family: Aldehydes
Aroma: Citronella and Lemony
SAFETY: FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. Avoid using on sensitive or damaged skin due to the high Aldehyde content. May cause skin irritation, especially if the oil is past its “best by” date. Use in low dilution (<1%) when applying to the skin regularly, such as in lotion, organic aloe, or massage oils. Keep out of reach of children.
INSECT REPELLING IDEAS:
- Add a drop of Lemon Eucalyptus to the bottom of each pant leg before going outdoors to fend off ticks.
- Insect Repelling Body Oil: Combine 1 oz of a carrier oil with just 6 drops of Lemon Eucalyptus and massage around legs and ankles before going outdoors.
- Insect Repellent Spray for clothing: In a 2 ounce spray bottle, combine 20 drops of Lemon Eucalyptus, a small trace of organic castile soap (for dispersing the oil in water), then top off with water. Shake well before each use and apply to clothing, which will last longer than on the skin.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We are not doctors or medical professionals. We are passionate about aromatherapy and all things healthy and natural. We also believe strongly in the safe use of essential oils. To learn more about blending safely, we have a learning section devoted just to this issue: http://www.pompeiiorganics.com/blend-safe/
- At a Glance::
- Our top choice for insect repelling and anti-fungal blends
- Unsprayed, South Africa
- Insect Repelling, Antifungal, Anti-inflammatory, Antimicrobial
- citronellal 87.24%, isopulegol 3.40%, citronellol 2.29%, b-pinene 1.04%
- Steam Distilled:
- March 2016
- Shelf Life:
- 2-3 Years