I use Balsam Copaiba with Sweet Orange for pain in my knee. Works wonderfully. I love it =)
Balsam Copaiba is a mildly scented tree resin oil from Brazil that is widely used for skin rashes, itchiness, and inflammation. It is pain numbing (due to high b-caryophyllene content) and is also antifungal, cooling, and skin healing.
Batch 0713 BALSAM COPAIBA
Latin Name: Copaifera officinalis
Plant Origin: Brazil
Botanical family: Fabaceae
Plant Part: Resin
Processed: Steam distilled, Wildcrafted
Chemical family: Sesquiterpenes
Aroma: Resinous, earthy, mild
• ANALGESIC (pain numbing) due to it's high b-caryophyllene content
• ANTI-INFLAMMATORY - especially with skin issues
• SKIN HEALING
• IMMUNE SYSTEM STIMULANT
CHAKRA - Root 1st, Sacral 2nd, Solar Plexus 3rd
Balsam Copaiba is excellent to diffuse while meditating. It frees the mind from chaotic thoughts allowing for self-reflection, focus and a feeling of peace. Like most resins, Balsam Copaiba is grounding and helpful in dealing with old emotional scars and issues. It encourages a feeling of inner-strength and connection to the world and those around you.
(to help with the inflammation, redness, and itchiness). This is a 1% dilution blend that is safe for sensitive skin and/or children. It can be increased up to 5% for healthy adults.
In 2 ounces of Baobab oil (has anti-inflammatory properties), add the following essential oils:
- 6 drops Balsam Copaiba (anti-inflammatory, cooling)
- 5 drops Frankincense (skin healing)
- 2 drops Lavender (skin healing and will assist in itch relief)
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We are not doctors or medical professionals. We are passionate about aromatherapy and all things healthy and natural. We also believe strongly in the safe use of essential oils. To learn more about blending safely, we have a learning section devoted just to this issue: http://www.pompeiiorganics.com/blend-safe/
- At a Glance:
- BALSAM COPAIBA is a mildly scented tree resin oil from Brazil that is widely used for skin rashes, itchiness, and inflammation. It is pain numbing (due to high b-caryophyllene content) and is also antifungal, cooling, and skin healing.
- Wildcrafted, Brazil
- analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, cooling, skin healing, immune system stimulant
- B-caryophyllene (68.09%), a-humulene (9.22%), germacrene D (4.18%)
- Steam Distilled:
- December 2013
- Shelf Life:
- 6-8 Years (approx.)